ESSENTIAL OIL STARTER KIT 124 USES
Welcome to the wonderful world of Young Living essential oils and why you should never leave home without them.
- You or someone you know, animals included, may have a mishap or accident.
- You may be sleepy after lunch and have trouble concentrating.
- You may have eaten something that did not agree with you.
- You may have met someone that did not agree with you.
- You may be stuck in traffic and feel agitated.
- You may find yourself in a public restroom that doesn’t have soap and water.
- You may get stung by a bee or other insect.
- You may get a painful sunburn.
- You may have sore muscles after excercising.
- You may just simply want to smell good and feel even better!
A blend of Spruce, Rosewood, Blue Tansy and Frankincense
- This blend has been used to help empower the physical and spiritual bodies.
- Rub on bottom of feet to overcome fear and opposition
- Wear to build courage, confidence and self esteem.
- Valor brings feelings of calmness and peace.
- Valor calms hyperactivity and ADD in children.
- It helps to align the physical structure of the body, relieving pain along the spine.
- Valor has been touted as a chiropractor in a bottle.
- Valor balances and aligns electrical energies within the body.
- Valor has improved scoliosis in as little as 30 minutes, or with repeated use.
- Apply Valor to jaw for TMJ balance and comfort.
( Boswellia carterii)
Frankincense was one of the gifts given to the Christ child at his birth.
- May help to oxygenate the pineal and pituitary glands.
- It increases the activity of leukocytes in defense of the body against infection.
- Frankincense promotes a positive attitude and happy feelings.
- Frankincense enhances our communication with God.
- It is antiseptic and helpful for wounds and scar healing.
- It is an expectorant for mucous and catarrh.
- Frankincense stimulates the immune system.
- It is a sedative and emotional balancer.
- Frankincense is anti-infectious.
- Frankincense is the Holy anointing oil in the Middle East, and it compliments prayers and meditations
A blend of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus radiata, and Rosemary.
- Brush and gargle with Thieves for a clean mouth to prevent periodontal disease.
- Thieves protects against colds and flu.
- It is anti-fungal and helpful for candida.
- Thieves is helpful for sinusitis.
- It is protective against bronchitis and pneumonia.
- It is protective against sore throats, and strep infections.
- A strong antiseptic for cuts, bruises and infection.
- Try on warts, moles and skin tags, slivers and splinters.
- Sniff on tissue for nausea.
- Use in the mouth to balance blood sugar ( because of cinnamon).
- Stimulates the immune system.
- Considered to be anti-plague as it was used by thieves in England to protect them from the plague when stealing from the sick and dying.
(Lavandula angustifolia) is called the “Swiss Army Knife” of the oils.
- Rub on feet for a calming effect on the body.
- Rub a drop on your palms and smooth on your pillow to help you sleep.
- Place a drop on insect bite to reduce swelling and stop itching.
- Place 2-3 drops on a minor burn to decrease pain.
- One drop on a cut to stop the bleeding.
- Mix several drops with V-6 vegetable oil and use topically on eczema and dermatitis.
- To alleviate the symptoms of motion sickness, place a drop of oil on the end of the tongue or around the naval or behind ears.
- For nosebleed, place a drop on tissue, then cover an ice chip and hold at base of nose.
- For blocked tear ducts, apply a drop over the bridge of the nose.
- For chapped hands, rub with Lavender.
- For sunburned or chapped lips, apply Lavender.
- To reduce or minimize scars, massage on area.
- Use for deodorant by apply several drops.
- Inhale in palms of hands to alleviate symptoms of hay fever.
- Rub several drops on scalp to help eliminate dandruff.
- Use as insect repellant in linen closet to repel moths and insects.
- Place Lavender in your water fountain to scent the air and kill bacteria thereby prolonging cleanings.
- Place several drops on a wash cloth and add to dryer to scent linens and clothes.
- Place one drop on cold sore.
- Diffuse Lavender oil to alleviate the symptoms of allergies.
- Spritz several drops of Lavender oil mixed with distilled water on a sunburn to decrease pain and sooth the skin.
- Drop Lavender oil on a cut to clean the wound and kill bacteria.
- Apply 2-3 drops of Lavender oil to a rash to stop the itching and heal the skin.
(Mentha piperita) is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion. Jean Valnet, MD. studied Peppermint’s effect on the liver and respiratory systems. Do NOT use Peppermint on children’s faces under age 3.
- Rub 4-6 drops in palm and rub over stomach to relieve indigestion, flatulence, &diarrhea.
- Add one drop of Peppermint oil to herbal tea to aid in digestion and heartburn.
- Massage several drops of Peppermint on area of injury to relieve inflammation.
- Great for shock of an acute injury or shock in general.
- Place on bottom of feet to reduce fever.
- Apply on unbroken skin to alleviate itching.
- For poison ivy or poison oak, dilute Peppermint with V-6 oil and apply on location.
- Inhale Peppermint oil before a workout to boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
- Massage on abdomen to relieve nausea.
- To relieve headache, place several drops of Peppermint in palm of hand and breathe 3 deep breaths and apply to temples and back of head. (stay away from eyes)
- Try Peppermint for hiccups, one drop on 5th cervical at base of neck, 2 notches up from C-7, the large vertebra.
- Use for alertness, place a drop on tongue and under nose.
- Diffuse Peppermint in room where studying and concentration is needed.
- Rub 4 drops on chest and stomach to relieve travel sickness.
- Through inhalation, use Peppermint to relieve congestion and stuffiness.
- Add Peppermint oil to food as a flavoring and a preservative.
- Use to deter rats, mice, ants or cockroaches by placing on cotton ball in the area of concern.
- Mix one 15ml. bottle of Peppermint to a 5 gallon of paint to dispel the fumes.
- Try several drops of Peppermint in hot water instead of coffee.
- To kill aphids, add 4-5 drops of Peppermint oil to 4 ounces of water and spray plants.
- For hotflashes, use Peppermint and water in spray bottle.
- Drink Peppermint water for weight loss as it helps to open the biliary ducts of liver.
- For Arthritis and tendonitis, rub on joints for relief.
- Use as breath freshener, one drop on tongue.
- Smell Peppermint to curb appetite.
- Remove ticks by applying a drop of Peppermint oil on cotton swab and swabbing tick.
- Mix Peppermint oil in a footbath to relieve sore feet.
A blend of Helichrysum, Wintergreen, Clove and Peppermint
- Apply PanAway topically to sore muscles after exercising.
- Use PanAway on injured area to reduce inflammation and bruising.
- Rub a drop of PanAway on temples, forehead, back of neck to relieve a headache.
- Mix PanAway in a carrier oil and massage on location to stop growing pains.
- Rub 1-2 drops of PanAway on arthritic hands to lessen pain.
- Rub 2-3 drops at base of spine to relieve sciatic pain.
- For arthritic pets, massage PanAway oil diluted with V-6 oil and apply on location.
PEACE & CALMING
A fragrant blend of Tangerine, Orange, Ylang ylang, Patchouly and Blue Tansy, to promote a deep sense of peace.
- Rub 1-2 drops on the bottom of feet and the shoulders before bedtime to insure great sleep.
- Diffuse Peace & Calming to calm overactive, hard to manage children.
- Mix Peace & Calming with a massage oils for a relaxing massage.
- Place Peace & Calming in bath gel in warm bath for total relaxation.
- To stop nocturnal teeth grinding and snoring, diffuse Peace & Calming oil while sleeping.
A blend of Citronella, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Melaleuca Alt., Lavandin, and Myrtle.
- Diffuse Purification oil to clean the air and neutralize foul or stale odors.
- Place several drops on wash cloth and place in air vents in hotel room, office or other enclosed area to freshen air and protect.
- While traveling, inhale Purification oil during flights to protect from pathogens in air.
- Place on insect bites for relief.
- Apply on blemishes to cleanse skin.
- Apply on blisters to disinfect.
- Place on two cotton balls and place in the toes of smelly sneakers.
- Use in humidifiers and water fountains to purify container and add to clean air smell.
- Swab the nasal cavity to ward off cold and sinus problems.
- Use as insect repellant, neat or in a spray bottle.
- Dilute with carrier oil and place inside the ears of pets to eliminate ear mites.
- Add 50 drops to a gallon of paint to eliminate all paint odors.