The History of Thieves™
Europeans began producing essential oils in the 12th century. During the Plague of the 15th century, certain thieves were able to rob the dead without fear of becoming infected by the terrible disease. After being captured and charged with robbing the dead and dying victims of the plague, the thieves were offered a deal. The magistrate offered them leniency if they would reveal how they managed to avoid contracting the dreaded infection, in spite of their close proximity with the infected corpses. They disclosed that they were perfumers and spice traders, and that they had rubbed themselves with a concoction of aromatic herbs (cinnamon, and clove).
Thieves™ Blend was found to have a 99.6 percent kill rate against airborne bacteria!
When Ancient Tradition Links with Modern Society: Thieves™ Blend
Fast forward – 20th century, Young Living Essential Oils begins testing Thieves™ Blend, a proprietary combination of cinnamon, clove and rosemary essential oils for its potent antimicrobial properties. Thieves™ Blend was found to have a 99.6 percent kill rate against airborne bacteria. According to the Essential Oils Desk Reference (Essential Science Publishing, page 125), Studies conducted at Weber State University during 1997 showed the antibacterial effectiveness of this blend against airborne microorganisms.”
Thieves™ Blend: Kills Bacteria – Naturally.
“Our family uses Thieves™ Blend. It is a more natural way to fight infectious germs – it’s good for us, and good for the planet.” James Niederland, LCSW, Psychotherapist & Wellness Consultant
Here are a few of the MANY ways you can use this oil blend:
- Air Conditioner Vent – Place 5 – 10 drops on a cottonball and then place it in the vent of your air conditioner (home, car, office, hotel room etc.)
- Eliminate odors by diffusing for 15 to 30 minutes, once or twice a day in a Young Living Cold Air Diffuser – e.g. Cigarettes, Pet Beds and Litter Boxes, Bathrooms, Shoe Rooms etc.
- Toilet Bowl – Add a drop to the toilet bowl after flushing to eliminate odors. Infections – Rub all around infected area
- Cleaning Vegetables – Soak vegetables (tomatoes, zucchini, etc) in Thieves & water before storing and eating
- Cleaning Fruit – Soak fruit (grapes, cherries, blueberries, strawberries etc) in Thieves & water before storing and eating
- Cleaning Fingers Before and after using a classroom computer keyboard
- Indoor Plants – Add a few drops to water for spraying
- Splinter Removal – Rub all around splinter for numbness of pain then eliminate the splinter
- Fungus – Rub often onto Toes and under feet until fungus has been eliminated
- Air Freshener – Put 20 drops in to a spray bottle with pure water and spray into the air of any room as a quick air freshener
- Water Bottle Cleanliness – Keep a drop of Thieves in your water for long term trips. Make sure you have either a glass bottle or stainless steel because essential oils should not be used in conjunction with plastic but because there may be no other options, then we highly recommend that you use plastic made of PET or HPDE.