THERAPEUTIC-GRADE ESSENTIAL OILS
All essential oils from Young Living are of therapeutic-grade quality. These oils have life-enhancing properties, are highly concentrated, volatile, and bring aromatic pure essences of plants from all over the world. Essential oils have been revered for centuries for their restorative properties to body, mind, and spirit. Each drop of a therapeutic essential oil contains hundreds of organic constituents and other natural elements that work on many levels with all living beings. They are 75 to 100 times more concentrated than dried herbs.
THERE ARE FOUR GRADES OF ESSENTIAL OILS
- Grade A = pure therapeutic quality and made from organically grown plants, distilled at correct temperature, time, pressure and harvested at proper season.
- Grade B = food grade, probably contain synthetics, pesticide, fertilizers, extenders, or carrier oils.
- Grade C = perfume grade, probably contain same type of adulterating chemicals as food grade oils. Usually contain solvents which are used to gain a higher yield of oil per harvest.
- Floral Water = a byproduct of the distillation process and is very high quality IF it comes from Grade A distillation process.
Synthetic fragrance oils may duplicate the “signature” aroma of a pure botanical, but the complex chemical components of each therapeutic-grade essential oil are missing. Synthetic fragrance oils will not have medicinal or therapeutic properties and are NOT suitable for healing (aromatherapy). Quality Grade A therapeutic essential oils are inhaled, ingested, and topically applied for deep cleansing, nourishing, rejuvenating and balancing.
20 HEALTH BENEFITS OF THERAPEUTIC-GRADE ESSENTIAL OILS *
- AFFECT THE PSYCHE: The aroma of therapeutic oils triggers physiological and psychological responses: lift moods, aid in reducing “the lows”, increase alertness, calm anxiousness, and clears memory -lavender, orange, bergamot, rose, jasmine; JOY and PEACE & CALMING blends
- SUPPORT IMMUNE FUNCTION: Some therapeutic essential oil constituents mimic human immunoglobulin, elevate lymphocytes and stimulate our natural immune system -German chamomile, clove, mountain savory, lemon; IMMUPOWER, THIEVES blends
- SUPPLY POTENT ANTIMICROBIALS: Research supports that therapeutic oils are highly effective against bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites, and even the “superbug” (methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus~MRSA). Bacteria do not mutate in the presence of therapeutic oils -melaleuca(s), geranium, clove, melissa, eucalyptus, rosemary; MELROSE, THIEVES blends
- REDUCE INFLAMMATION: Caused by bacteria, poor diet, injuries, an over-burden of toxins, hormonal imbalances, inflammation is at the root of most degenerative diseases.
-German chamomile, fenne, balsam fir, peppermint, helichrysum, wintergreen, juniper, thyme; BELIEVE blend
- EASE STRESS AND ANXIETY: Excessive stress, tension, and anxiety are the physiological responses to our “thoughts and beliefs” and trigger unresolved emotions. This phenomenon is often associated with chronic illnesses and imbalance of body-systems. Therapeutic oils are known to soothe, bringing peaceful thoughts, quieting thoughts, and calming the physical body.
-lavender, frankincense, clary sage, bergamot, melissa, vetiver, sandalwood, Roman chamomile; HOPE, RELEASE, 3 WISE MEN, SURRENDER, VALOR blends
- DECREASE INSOMNIA: Reseach studies support that lavender promotes sleep, enhances relaxation and decreases anxiety. However, it must be therapeutic-grade Lavandula angustifolia. Other oils also are effective sleep aids.-lavender, valerian, Roman chamomile, frankincense, marjoram, clary sage, cistus; PEACE & CALMING, CITRUS FRESH, EGYPTIAN GOLD blends
- PROVIDE NATURAL PAIN RELIEF: Massage into sore, tired muscles; use with a warm compress; apply to brain stem, deeply inhale. -balsam fir, black pepper, peppermint, ginger, lavender, wintergreen; PAN AWAY, RELIEVE IT blends, ORTHO SPORT, ORTHO EASE massage oils
- REJUVENATE SKIN: Used for thousands of years to restore, rejuvenate, and improve damaged, wrinkled skin. Now used to clear acne, clogged pores, eczema, dark spots, and stretch marks. -lavender, Roman Chamomile, German Chamomile, geranium, sandalwood, Idaho tansy, melaleuca(s), patchouli, frankincense, myrrh, helichrysum; A.R.T. SKIN CARE SYSTEM, SKIN SERUMS (dry, oily, acne), BOSWELLIA WRINKLE CREAM, TENDER TUSH, ORANGE BLOSSOM FACIAL WASH, NEUROGEN LOTION
- PROTECT AGAINST COLDS AND INFLUENZA: With antimicrobial actions, therapeutic oils protect against colds, flu, and aid respiratory tissues. Inhale oils, put in hot tea, put in empty capsules to aid lungs, ears, and throat problems. -lemon, eucalyptus, peppermint, rosemary, frankincense, ravensara; RC, RAVEN, PURIFICATION, MELROSE
- SOOTHE DIGESTIVE DISORDERS: Effective relief for nausea, indigestion, heartburn, gas, diarrhea, irritable bowel. Rub on abdominal area; take internally in water or empty capsules -peppermint, ginger, fennel, basil, patchouli, chamomile, clary sage, black pepper; DI GIZE blend, DIGEST & CLEANSE CAPSULES, COMFORTONE CAPSULES
- IMPROVE CIRCULATORY SYSTEM: Therapeutic essential oils oxygenate and “cleanse” cells. As healthier blood carries oxygen and nutrients to healthier cells, the vascular system is free of clots, arteriosclerosis, and broken veins -cypress, German chamomile, myrtle, helichrysum, grapefruit, basil, ylang ylang, spikenard; AROMA LIFE blend, HRT TINCTURE
- PROMOTE OPTIMAL ENDOCRINE FUNCTION: This delicate system includes 9 glands that interconnect with organs, hormones, and each other to maintain our body’s balance and metabolism in nearly all functions. Stress and imbalance in the endocrine system is at the root of many western culture degenerative diseases. -clary sage, fennel, nutmeg, myrrh, pine, lemongrass, balsam fir; ENDO FLEX blend
- SUPPORT THE URINARY SYSTEM: For over 70 years, oils have been recommended for aid in kidney, bladder, and urinary infections. Rub oils over the kidney area; take internally in water or empty capsules. -orange, oregano, melaleuca(s), juniper, rosemary, lemongrass; MELROSE blend, K&B TINTURE
- SOOTHE BURNS, SUNBURNS, MINOR CUTS & SCRAPES: The power of lavender to heal burns was “re-discovered” pre-WWI. Therapeutic oils are antiseptic and cleansing and can be very effective in healing. -lavender, geranium, marjoram, melaleuca(s), rose; LAVA DERM SPRAY, TENDER TUSH
- SUPPORT MUSCLES AND BONES: When overworked, stressed or burdened with toxins, muscle tissue and bone/joints become stiff and painful. Oils applied to areas give support, reduce inflammation and heat. -black pepper, peppermint, wintergreen, rosemary; RELIEVE IT, ORTHO SPORT, AROMA SIEZE, PAN AWAY, VALOR
- PROVIDE ORAL AND DENTAL CARE: Bacteria in the mouth can cause disease in other parts of the body, including the heart. The therapeutic oils in oral care products by Young Living kill microbes associated with tooth decay, gum disease, systemic infections and unpleasant mouth odor. -mountain savory, clove, melaleuca(s), myrrh, thyme, peppermint; THIEVES TOOTHPASTE & MOUTHWASH
- NOURISH AND STRENGTHEN HAIR: Essential oils make excellent hair care ingredients to rejuvenate hair, encourage hair growth, and cleanse follicles. Young Living personal care products do not contain harmful toxic ingredients (SLS, propylene glycol) that are stored in fatty tissue of the heart, liver, lungs, and brain. –sandalwood, rosemary, ylang ylang, lemon lavender, sage, cedarwood; LEMON SAGE or LAVENDER SHAMPOO
- IMPROVE MENTAL CLARITY: Therapeutic oils have a profound impact on keeping the mind alert and focused thereby decreasing forgetfulness, dementia, and “brain fog”. –frankincense, sandalwood, cedarwood, lavender, helichrysum, orange, peppermint, rosemary; CLARITY, BRAIN POWER, EN-R-GEE blends
- PROTECT AGAINST CANCER: Numerous studies show promising results for the use of therapeutic essential oils to combat specific types of cancer and that in the presence of the constituents of certain oils cancer cells cannot multiply. –frankincense, lemon, orange, lemongrass, clary sage, bergamot, helichrysum, clove, tsuga, lavender
- PROVIDE SAFE AND NATURAL ALTERNATIVES TO HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS: Research points to common household cleaners as a suspected link to the 55% increase in cancer (specifically for women who work only in the home). The powerful yet safe antimicrobial activities of essential oils make them a natural choice as cleaners and disinfectants. –clove, lemon, cinnamon bark, eucalyptus, rosemary, melaleuca(s), grapefruit; THIEVES HOUSEHOLD CLEANER
*Adapted from 20 HEALTH BENEFITS OF ESSENTIAL OILS by Health and Wealth, Inc., 2006.